Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

Monday, November 1, 2010

21 Weeks - Down for the Count

We headed up to Columbia today for our 21 week appointment.  It has been 2 weeks since our last appointment.  All was looking well at that time, and since I haven't felt like there were any changes physically, I figured it would be a good visit....and other than getting my behind stuck on bedrest, it was!

But first, the important stuff.  The cervix was still measuring 4.2 which remains fantastic, so no reason for worry there.  In addition, all babies looked active and healthy during the ultrasound.  We didn't measure for weights today, but checked the heartbeats and Baby A is at 144, Baby B is at 146 and Baby C is at 155.  All healthy and strong heartbeats.

Once I met with the doctor, the good news continued.  My blood pressure was the best it had been yet for a doctor visit:  132/78.  All my blood sugars were so good that he actually asked me if I was making them up.  No, mom, I'm not making them up....so don't ask!

At that point, he asked me if I had any concerns.  Of course, I opened my big mouth and told him about the nagging pain in my right knee that has been getting progressively worse over the past couple of weeks.  This got him looking at my legs and while he couldn't find a reason for the knee pain, he was concerned about the rapidly increasing swelling in my legs and feet, and declared that I was to be off my feet for the remainder of the pregnancy.

Seeing as how the rest of the visit went so well, I was not expecting that at all.  I was ready for bedrest in 3 weeks, but there was a lot I was planning to accomplish between now and then.  On the bright side, it is only modified bedrest, so I can get up occasionally to get something to eat, and even got permission to leave the house to go to the store once a week if I feel the need to get out and about....I guarantee you that I will feel the need!  I also got permission to attend the two baby showers I have this week, so I was happy about that.

The only other change is that we have gone back to weekly doctor visits.  This doesn't really bother me, though, because I really enjoy the weekly ultrasounds.  They give me extra peace of mind.

In other news, I had a great baby shower from my work family at Scholastic.  Huge thanks to Mary and Lacy for putting it all together.  As you will see in the picture below, everyone was extremely generous!



And of course, since last night was Halloween, I have to show off my cute kiddos in costume   
Simone as the goddess Athena
Noa doing his Dinosaur Roar!


 So, I guess that the posts will be weekly from here on out.  Wish me luck entertaining myself for the next week.  After spending the past year and a half working two jobs, I'm not sure I remember how to relax!

1 comment:

  1. I found my way to your blog and you are most definately welcome about the baby shower at work!!! We will always be there for you. Im glad everything is sounding good except the swelling. We do miss you already though. Take care of U's.

    ReplyDelete